Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Grindy, by Dan Riha


Grindy is the most ridiculous entry into this whole thing. I almost had nothing to do with any of it. The last Sunday before the last week before the entry deadline, I had nothing in the way of a robot. I wandered into Fillmore Hardware and spied a cheap robot kit, appropriate for ages 6 and up. Seeing an opportunity to not crumble under the pressure of my own damned contest, I snatched up the kit with the notion of building it per the instructions and just re-covering it with fun paper. Not a whole lot of technology or thought on my part. After Team Photographer Brad deCaussin posted the photos on his Flickr site, a friend of his not only wanted to buy it, but named it, too.

Grindy is brought to you by Fillmore Hardware, Paper Source, and Nina Hatfield.

No comments: